Applications are invited for the TWAS-CSIR Postgraduate Fellowship Program 2023. The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of India and UNESCO-TWAS have established a number of fellowships for foreign scholars from developing countries, who wish to pursue research toward a PhD in emerging areas of science and technology, for which facilities are available in CSIR laboratories and institutes.
TWAS-CSIR Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable in CSIR research laboratories and institutes in India for a maximum period of four years. The types of fellowship available are:
- SANDWICH Fellowships (for those registered for a PhD in their home country): The Fellowship may be granted for a minimum period of 6 months and a maximum period to be decided by the host institute, but no greater than 3 years.
- FULL-TIME Fellowships (for those not registered for a PhD): The Fellowship may be granted for up to a maximum duration of 4 years.
Cost of TWAS-CSIR Postgraduate Fellowship
- CSIR will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. In addition, Fellowship awardees are entitled to subsidized accommodation.
Eligibility for TWAS-CSIR Postgraduate Fellowship
- Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
- Hold a Master’s degree in science and technology.
- Be regularly employed in their home country and hold a research assignment there.
- SANDWICH Fellowships: Be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university.
- FULL-TIME Fellowships: Be willing to register at a university in India within the first year, if agreed to by CSIR.
- Be accepted at a CSIR laboratory/institution and provide an official acceptance letter from the host institution. NB: Requests for acceptance must be directed to the chosen CSIR host institution(s), with copy to the CSIR contact person. This will allow CSIR to monitor requests and offer support or assistance in finding suitable host institution(s), if necessary;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Application of TWAS-CSIR Postgraduate Fellowship
- If already registered for a PhD in their home country, applicants should ensure that the Vice-Chancellor or Registrar of the HOME university signs a copy of the “Registration and No Objection Certificate”, a copy of which should be sent to both CSIR and TWAS.
- Applicants should submit the acceptance letter from a CSIR institution to CSIR and TWAS when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.