Applications are open for the TWAS-TÜBİTAK Postgraduate Fellowship Program 2023. The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) and TWAS have established a fellowship programme for foreign scholars from developing countries in the South who wish to pursue research toward a PhD in a field of the natural and related applied sciences, in departments and laboratories of public and private universities of Turkey and TÜBİTAK Research Centers and Institutes.
Cost of TÜBİTAK Postgraduate Fellowship
- TWAS will be responsible for providing travel support to Turkey and from Turkey to researchers’ home / living country and will also cover visa related expenses.
- TÜBİTAK will be responsible for a monthly allowance to cover accommodation and living expenses and medical facilities for minor ailments as available in Turkey at amounts to be specified by TÜBİTAK.
- The study fees, including tuitions, registration and research costs, should be waived or covered by the host institutes.
Eligibility for TÜBİTAK Postgraduate Fellowship
- Be permanent residents and nationals of a developing country in the South.
- Candidates from Science and Technology Lagging countries (STLC) and women are especially encouraged to apply. Developing countries that are not in the list are also eligible to apply.
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Turkey or any developed country.
- Applicants already onsite in the host country (Turkey) are not eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Hold a master’s or equivalent degree in natural and related applied sciences (in one of the fields specified below).
- Be a maximum age of 35 years on December 31 of the application year.
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from an eligible department, institution or laboratory of a public or private university in Turkey or TÜBİTAK Research Centers and Institutes.
- Requests for acceptance must be directed to the chosen host institution(s) in Turkey, and NOT to TÜBİTAK. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection. The acceptance letter must be signed by the highest authority of the chosen host institute. The maximum number of academic advisors in Turkey can be 2 (two).
- Provide the Research proposal form prepared in the format determined by TÜBİTAK.
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English. If medium of education was not English: provide evidence in English, e.g. standardized test card (TOEFL, IELTS etc.) or a University-issued letter certifying the knowledge of the language. If medium of education was English, please write a brief statement indicating what type of education was in English, e.g. high school, BSc or MSc degrees, this statement must be signed and dated by the applicant.
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship.
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
- Not have previously received or been awarded a fellowship under this programme;
- Must return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship.
Eligible fields under the programme are the following:
- Firstly, Agricultural Sciences
- Secondly, Structural, Cell. & Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems & Organisms
- Medical & Health Sciences, including Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Astronomy, Space & Earth Science
- Mathematical Sciences
- Lastly, Computing and Information Technology.
Application of TÜBİTAK Postgraduate Fellowship
Applicants must be aware that TÜBİTAK and TWAS will not accept applications submitted by any other means except via the online application form.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.