Applications are open for the UNESCO-TWAS – COMSTECH Science in Exile PhD/Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022. UNESCO-TWAS has partnered with the Ministerial Standing Committee on Scientific and Technological Cooperation of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (COMSTECH) for the UNESCO-TWAS – COMSTECH Science in Exile Fellowship.
The Fellowship Program aims to provide displaced and refugee scientists who have not yet found a safe and long-term host country to pursue doctoral studies or postdoctoral studies in Pakistan, at institutions members of the COMSTECH Consortium of Excellence (CCoE), starting in 2022.
Eligibility Required for COMSTECH Science PhD/Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Applicants must be displaced or refugee scholars and scientists.
- They must be currently living in Pakistan and holding the right to live and study in the country, OR able to travel to Pakistan. Please note that the Program is not suitable for scholars at risk who need specific assistance to leave their home country. Awardees are responsible for arranging the logistics and safety of their own relocation. Please note there is only a very small number of competitive travel bursaries available.
- Doctoral candidates must hold a Master’s Degree as well as a Bachelor’s in the field of natural sciences, applied sciences, engineering and technology, health sciences, software engineering, and computer.
- Postdoctoral candidates must hold a PhD in the field of natural sciences, applied sciences, engineering and technology, health sciences, software engineering, and computer.
Selection Criteria for COMSTECH Science PhD/Postdoctoral Fellowship
In the evaluation of the applications, priority will be given to applicants who:
- Firstly, demonstrate scientific excellence and high academic merit.
- Secondly, demonstrate high humanitarian need.
- Thirdly, have experienced gender-based discrimination.
- demonstrate an interest in rebuilding the scientific infrastructure of their home countries.
- are nationals of Afghanistan, Syria, or Yemen.
Before the deadline, applicants must:
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.