The University of Essex is now providing scholarships to international students from an African nation who are self-funding their postgraduate studies!
Duration of Program: 1 Year
- be classified as an international student for fee purposes
- be a national of an African nation as well as ordinarily resident in an African nation
- also, be entirely self-funding your studies
- be a graduate of any African country or any of the countries specified above
- In addition, be applying for a full-time Masters’ course starting in 2020-21 (excluding MBA)
- meet the academic criteria in the table below:
- Ghana: CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- Nigeria: CGPA 3/5 or above
- Other member states of the African Union: 2:1 or above (or equivalent)
- Moreover, you will also be considered for this award if you are a national of an African nation and you have a degree:
- from a recognized UK university, other than Essex, with a 2:1 or above, or
- from a recognized university with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria) or from any of the following countries:
- Hong Kong
The University of Essex will assess your eligibility based on the academic transcripts as well as certificates that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.
- We’ll assess your eligibility based on the information that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.
- If you meet all the eligibility criteria, you will automatically be awarded this scholarship. You don’t need to complete an application form.