Open call for applications to win a Solutions Reporting Grant, with emphasis on stories related to agriculture and farmer-led sustainable agricultural practices, food systems, and land rights.
If you’d like to create a photo essay, mini-documentary, radio/podcast script, etc, then this one’s definitely for you.
Benefits of ClimateTracker Solutions Reporting Grant
- USD 250 stipend.
- Climate reporting training from Climate Tracker.
- Also, a lecture on Solutions Journalism 101 with Portia Ladrido, co-founder of Inkline, a UK-based solutions-oriented news site
- Reference materials about Solutions Journalism: Its four pillars as well as actual story samples
- In addition, online consultations throughout the story production process with Mavic Conde, who is currently one of the 2022 LEDE Fellows at the Solutions Journalism Network
Through this, grantees will be able to produce vetted climate solutions stories that will be added to the Solutions Journalism Story Tracker and to Climate Tracker’s website, as well as talk about the story they produced through a webinar.
Eligibility for ClimateTracker Solutions Reporting Grant
ClimateTracker is particularly looking for agriculture and environment reporters who want to produce a climate solution story about community-based food systems and have previously produced at least two relevant stories.
- This grant is open to reporters from across the Asia region
- Reporters from Sri Lanka, India, and China are especially encouraged to apply
- Also, 2-3 years reporting experience
- Published stories about: agriculture, crop diversity, petrochemical impacts on the environment, socio-economic outcomes of the global food systems, alternative approaches
- Interested in climate reporting
- In addition, want to learn about solutions journalism and put it into practice
How to Apply
Submit your application through the form below