Applications for the Dr Andreas Schild Memorial Mountain Prize 2022 are now open. The Dr Andreas Schild Memorial Mountain Prize is awarded every year to an individual, organization, or private sector entity based in the Hong Kong Himalayas (HKH) or beyond, which has demonstrated outstanding efforts enabling sustainable and resilient mountain development in the HKH region to benefit the environment as well as communities—particularly the poor, the youth, and women.
In 2022, the focus of the award will be building the resilience of HKH communities. Nominations will be accepted for those individuals, organizations, or companies that have worked with HKH communities through innovations in their various capacities and brought about positive tangible change on the ground.
Schild Memorial Mountain Prize
- The prize is currently set at USD $2,500.
Eligibility for Schild Memorial Mountain Prize
- Any individual, organization or private sector entity that has done outstanding work in the HKH is eligible for the prize and can be nominated (hereafter referred to as ‘nominee’).
- The nominee must have made a demonstrable impact.
- While they would like to particularly acknowledge the efforts of individuals or entities that have worked in line with ICIMOD’s mandate, this is not a pre-condition for the award.
- Any individual can nominate any organization or a private sector entity or another individual that meets the eligibility criteria outlined under a) above, including his/her own organization or company, for the prize. They expect the said individual to be very familiar with the work of the organization or company or individual he/she is nominating. The nominator should nominate only after receiving the consent of the nominee (head of the entity in case of an organization or company).
- Self-nomination (nominating one-self for the prize) is not permitted and the nominator may nominate only once.
Selection Criteria of Schild Memorial Mountain Prize
The commission will pick the winner of the prize and Honorable Mentions based on the following criteria:
- demonstrable impact
- degree of importance given to gender equity and social inclusion (GESI)
- potential for scalability and sustainability
Nomination of Schild Memorial Mountain Prize
The nominator must provide accurate information on his/her nominee’s work and the impact it has brought about.
In particular, the nominator must:
- provide personal information on the nominee such as full name and contact address;
- specify in which work area(s) the nominee has made demonstrable impact;
- provide an overview of the nominee’s outstanding work;
- provide a credible narrative on how the nominee’s outstanding work has contributed to resilience of communities in the face of the pandemic and brought about transformative change on the ground;
- provide an argument for why the nominee deserves to win the prize;
- provide supporting documents, including links to online articles, or videos, or publications that provide evidence of the nominee’s work and impact;
- provide contact information of two referees who also know the nominee well;
- statement vouching for the accuracy of the information provided through the nomination form.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities