The Press and Society Institute (IPYS) announces the 2022 edition of the Javier Valdez Latin American Prize for Investigative Journalism, the most important award of the specialty in the region.
The awards are aimed at stimulating professional excellence in Investigative Journalism. The organizers want to encourage greater transparency from governments, businesses and the media. The award is open to all research topics on matters of public interest.
Prize from American Investigative Journalism Award
- The winner receives a prize of $5,000.
Eligibility for American Investigative Journalism Award
- Journalists can apply in their personal capacity or as an investigative team, with one or more works published in a media outlet in Latin America and the Caribbean, either in Spanish, Portuguese or English. Research teams shall designate a representative upon registration.
- Works published between September 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022, in print, radio, television or electronic media, certifying the issuance of the same during that period.
- No media or companies compete and books are not admitted.
- Investigations disseminated without a signature, or under a pseudonym, will be admitted with a certification of authorship issued by the media.
- Associations, civil society organizations, academic institutions or media can apply for one or more works of a journalist if they meet all the requirements of the bases.
Application of American Investigative Journalism Award
The materials will be sent in digital formats. In all cases, the organization will receive the applications via email: [email protected] or [email protected] Applications sent physically to the postal address are not accepted.
Along with the participating work, a digital photograph of the author and an Executive Summary of the research must be sent, which must develop the following information in no more than 2,000 words:
- Firstly, Title, means of publication, name and brief resume of the author.
- Secondly, Investigation disclosures, numbered.
- Thirdly, Methodological description of the research: explaining its origins, hypotheses, types of search and sources, the resources used and the time the work took.
- Lastly, Problem of the investigation: Why was a journalistic investigation required to obtain the information? – Social impact that the work had after being published.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.