Applications are open for the Marilyn Stafford FotoReportage Award 2022. The Award, facilitated by FotoDocument and supported by Nikon, is granted annually to a professional women photographer towards the completion of a compelling and cohesive documentary photo essay which addresses an important social, environmental, economic or cultural issue, whether local or global.
The work should, in part, showcase positive solutions to any issues it raises, in line with the wishes of Marilyn Stafford and the aims of FotoDocument. The Award is reserved solely for documentary photographers working on projects which are intended to make the world a better place and which may be unreported/under-reported.
Marilyn Stafford FotoReportage Award
- One overall winner will receive the Marilyn Stafford FotoReportage Award of £2,000 towards the completion of their project.
- The final work will be featured on FotoDocument’s website and publicised via social media. They will endeavour to gain international media coverage, without any guarantees.
- Shortlisted applicants will have one image profiled on FotoDocument’s website and publicised via social media.
Eligibility for Marilyn Stafford FotoReportage Award
- This Award is for women documentary photographers/including those identifying as female.
- Submissions are welcomed from emerging, mid-career and established photographers.
- Photographers must be at least 18 years old, there is no upper age limit.
- Postgraduate photography students will be considered.
- Photographers may live anywhere in the world.
- Applicants who have submitted before may submit again with the same project if it has significantly developed or with a new project.
- Photographers must have obtained necessary model release permissions for their photographs.
- Applicants must have a valid bank account in the country where they live.
Selection Criteria for Marilyn Stafford FotoReportage Award
Photographers will be judged on the following four criteria:
- their track record for completing at least one other documentary photo essay;
- Secondly, the quality of the work in progress which they want the funding for;
- Thirdly, how the project addresses solutions to the issues it raises;
- Lastly, their motivation for applying for this FotoAward.
Application of Marilyn Stafford FotoReportage Award
Alongside a completed application form, photographers will be required to submit the work in progress for which they are seeking funding as well as one other completed photo essay on any subject, which demonstrates they can convey a coherent and cohesive visual narrative.
- Completed application form.
- A minimum of ten Jpeg photographs (approx 2MB each and 150 dpi) of the current photo essay for which they are seeking funding + project description + captions.
- A minimum of fifteen Jpeg photographs (approx 2MB each and 150 dpi) of a previous finished photo essay documenting a single theme + project description + captions.
The two photo essays must be submitted:
- Via We Transfer – please provide a link, where indicated on the application form OR
- Lastly, Via a web link which leads directly to a designated slideshow – please do not provide a general website, you need to give a URL address for a specific body of work.
Jpeg files transferred to organisers must be saved with your name (firstname_surname_01.jpeg etc.) and with complete embedded IPTC information: copyright, caption, date and place. In addition, captions must be clearly displayed on any slideshow if directing to a specific URL or clearly cross-referenced on an accompanying word document attached with the application form.
All submissions should be sent to [email protected] by 5pm (GMT) on Friday 20 May 2022. Applicants will receive confirmation that their application has been received by 5pm (GMT) on Wednesday 25 May 2022. If no confirmation has been received by this date, applicants should contact the organisers.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.