Applications are open for the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research (NIMR) Grantsmanship & Mentorship Programme 2022. The Programme is aimed at building an adequate and sustainable network of committed early career researchers with inter-disciplinary and multi-institutional collaborative approach and proficiency in developing high quality, competitive grant writing and capacity for healthcare research and development in Nigeria.
The programme will cover the following:
- Understanding of health services research methods
- Formulation of research questions and hypotheses
- Selection of appropriate statistical tools for data analysis
- Ethics and Ethics Permission in Research
- How to search and identify targeted funding agencies and understand funders’ requirements
- Writing compelling grant proposals
- Identification of the technicalities of the peer review process and demonstration using a practice peer review process
- Improving proficiency in training and communication skills including writing plain language summaries
- Training on proficiency in facilitation of micro-teaching session on mentorship.
- Principles of establishing and managing partnerships and collaborations.
Cost of NIMR Grantsmanship & Mentorship
- The 21-day residential training workshop including transportation, accommodation and full board will be fully sponsored by NIMR Foundation.
Eligibility for NIMR Grantsmanship & Mentorship
- You are a citizen of a Nigeria (from any of the six-geopolitical zones).
- You are an early career investigator (junior and mid-level researcher) and you have completed your research education (either of below):
- You have been awarded a research doctorate (PhD/DPhil/MD) from a recognized academic institution normally within the past 6 years;
- You have a medical/clinical qualification PLUS research-relevant Master’s degree, both awarded normally within the previous 6 years.
- You are currently employed in Nigeria by a recognized university or research institution to develop and conduct any type of health care research.
- You have limited or no experience in proposal development and grant-writing.
- You have not won any significant local or international research grants.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this training opportunity.
Application of NIMR Grantsmanship & Mentorship
Application should include the following documents combined as a single .pdf file:
- A two-page bio-sketch (NIH format) with a maximum of 5 publications.
- A one-page research concept note (Times New Roman, Size 12, Spacing 1.15).
- Motivation letter of not more than 500 words (Times New Roman, Size 12, Spacing 1.15).
- A Letter of recommendation/Support from Dean/Provost of the Faculty/College indicating
- Endorsement to attend the workshop
- How the training will benefit the researcher/investigator
- Commitment that applicant will be available for the 21 days without break
- Support for the applicant to step down the training within his/her institution on completing the training workshop.
Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of completion of the Ethics Course (CITI) prior to the commencement of the workshop.
To apply to participate in the grantsmanship and mentorship programme, kindly follow these steps:
- Complete and submit the online application
- Provide the required documents including a single PDF file containing the following:
- Short motivation essay of not more than 500 words
- One page research proposal
- Short bio sketch (maximum 2 pages)
- A letter of recommendation/support from the Provost/Dean of college/Faculty
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.