Applicants are requested to participate for This is Cool Challenge 2022. What is your proposed technology or policy initiative to accelerate access to affordable and sustainable cooling?
What are they looking for?
They are looking for youth-led sustainable cooling solutions that can help deliver on one of more of the three cooling needs:
- Human comfort and safety: passive or active personal, space or urban cooling
- Food, nutrition and agriculture: agricultural cold chain
- Health services: vaccine and medical cold chain
Initiatives may be in ideation or implementation stage and should demonstrate potential for impact in terms of improving affordability and increasing access to sustainable cooling through one or more of the following:
- passive and nature-based cooling solutions
- renewable-based cooling solutions
- energy-efficient cooling solutions
Benefits of This Is Cool Challenge 2022
- Prize: USD 3,000, USD 2,000, USD 1,000 from the Sustainable Cooling for All to support the implementation of the idea
- Visibility: Spotlight feature from SEforALL (and partners) as well as exhibition opportunities
- Incubation support: Coming soon.
- Entries may be submitted by individuals or groups of up to 5 individuals
- Must be under 35 years of age
How do they assess your ideas ?
All the submissions would be assessed based on the following criteria :
- Firstly, Goal Alignment
- Secondly, Functionality and Relevance
- Thirdly, Outcome and Impact and;
- Scalability and Implementation
- All final entries must be submitted by 30 August 2022
- Entry Submission Form must be in English or French
- Three teams will receive a cash prize and further support from the competition sponsors.
Deadline : August 30, 2022
Lastly, visit the official website link given below for further details.
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities !!