Nominations are open for the UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour Award 2022. The UN-Habitat, the United Nations agency focusing on sustainable urbanization, is calling for nominations for its prestigious Scroll of Honour award.
It aims to acknowledge initiatives that have made outstanding contributions in the field of human settlements, provision of housing, highlighting the plight of people living in poverty or who have been displaced, developing and improving human settlements as well as the quality of urban life to leave no one behind echoing the Sustainable Development Goals 2030 with emphasis on Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities.
Up to five winners will be selected and presented with their awards at the Global Observance of World Habitat Day on Monday 3 October 2022.
Individuals and organizations working on sustainable urban projects which have had a great impact on society can be nominated for the UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour.
- Government as well as inter-governmental organizations or agencies, including bilateral aid agencies
- Local as well as Regional Governments or their associations
- Civil society organizations
- Also, The private sector
- Architectural bureaus, design companies
- Individual architects or designers
- Real estate developers or construction businesses
- In addition, National Habitat Committees or focal points
- Research as well as academic institutions
- Public or private foundations
- Multilateral agencies (United Nations Agencies, World Bank, etc.)
- The media
- Moreover, Individuals
- The Selection Committee will look at best practices, initiatives, and innovative solutions related to Sustainable Development Goal 11 and the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In addition, attention will be given to initiatives and practices that help cities and local governments reduce inequalities and contribute to the achievement of the sustainable goals, related to the World Habitat Day theme “Mind the gap and Leave no one and no place behind”.
The UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour nominees will be notified from August 16, 2022, onwards on the outcome of the selection.
Nominations must be made by third parties on the online submission form in English. The guidelines for submitting nominations are here.