The UNICEF Venture Fund Call for Frontier Tech Solutions for Climate Action 2023 is now open. The UNICEF Venture Fund is looking to make up to US$100K in equity-free investments to provide early stage (seed) finance to for-profit technology start-ups that have the potential to address climate change.
If your startup leverages a frontier technology such as drones, blockchain, extended reality (XR), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) or novel data science (DS), they are looking for you. If your product is registered in one of UNICEF’s programme countries, is a working prototype, has demonstrated results and is (or could be) open-source licensed, they encourage you to apply.
Benefits from UNICEF Venture Fund
- Selected companies will receive $100,000 Equity Free Funding
Eligibility for UNICEF Venture Fund
Only entities that fulfill these mandatory requirements will be eligible:
- You must be registered as a private company in a UNICEF programme country;
- You are working on open source technology solutions or willing to be open-source under the following licenses or their equivalent: BSD, GNU, MIT (software), CERN, MIT, TAPR (hardware), or CC-BY (content);
- You have an existing prototype of the solution with promising results from initial pilots;
- Your solution has the potential to positively impact the lives of children.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate the applicants:
- Relevance of solution for children and young people, problem-solution fit and potential for application at global scale
- Novelty of project and alignment with Innovation Principles
- Suitability of the team and key personnel to implement the project
- Project budget and financing
Application of UNICEF Venture Fund
- Step I: Check Eligibility: Interested companies are required to check the eligibility of the Innovation Fund.
- Step II: Submit Application: Interested companies are required to submit an online application through the Fund website. You should provide the information and supporting documents indicated in the form.
- Step III: Submit Request for Proposal: The Innovation Fund reviews all applications and notifies companies of the decision. Shortlisted applicants are invited to submit a detailed proposal, this is called the Request for Proposal (RFP) step.
- Step IV: Demo Interview: After a careful review, companies shortlisted at the RFP step are invested for an online demo interview. This is usually a 30 minutes interview the with Innovation Fund team and experts from the tech teams.
- Step V: Final Result: Based on a complete assessment of the application, RFP and interview, the Innovation Fund makes the final investment decision and notifies all selected companies.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.