Applications are open for the Water Science Policy Photostory Competition 2023. Building on UNESCO’s cross-disciplinary mandate on culture, education and natural sciences, Water Science Policy, under the patronage of UNESCO’s World Water Assessment Programme, is facilitating this photostory competition.
It is intended to:
- Raise awareness on the intertwined relationship between water and the various dimensions of culture, from heritage to arts and creativity, in the past and present;
- Demonstrate how culture could effectively support the sustainable use and management of water;
- Inform on policy-making relating to water use and management, especially using the cross-cutting perspectives of relevant stakeholders, including artists, cultural practitioners and civil society organisations, and contribute to joint actions in the international water agenda.
A picture tells a thousand words. Across history, art has been used as a way to disseminate information, tell stories and inspire action. The winning submissions of this competition wield the power to inspire millions by telling stories of how people come together to improve water resources, connect the unconnected, celebrate life and value nature.
Prizes from Science Policy Photostory Competition
The three winners will be officially announced on February 10, 2023 and receive a financial prize. The top 15 winning pieces will be exhibited at the UN 2023 Water Conference in New York, March 2023, a prestigious event which will shape the way we manage water over the next decade. All submissions will be considered for inclusion in a photo book and for publication via Water Science Policy’s website. Anyone published receives a free photo book.
- 1st place: €400 + published via WSPs website + featured in photo-book + free photo-book copy + displayed in New York during UN 2023 Water Conference
- 2nd place: €200 + published via WSPs website + featured in photo-book + free photo-book copy + displayed in New York during UN 2023 Water Conference
- 3rd place: €100 + published via WSPs website + featured in photo-book + free photo-book copy + displayed in New York during UN 2023 Water Conference
- 12 merits: published via WSPs website + featured in photo-book + free photo-book copy + displayed in New York during UN 2023 Water Conference
Eligibility for Science Policy Photostory Competition
- The competition is free to enter and entrants must be older than 18 years.
- Entries must be original and your own work.
Application of Science Policy Photostory Competition
If you are up to the challenge, you can now submit your photostories to [email protected] until February 14, 2023.
- 1 Word or .pdf file written in Calibri font, size 11, with title, overall story of 200-500 words, names of the author(s), country and location of the photostory, and listed captions for each of the pictures.
- 5-15 photos. Photos should be numbered with related short captions. Photos should be in .jpg or .png with a resolution of at least 1920×1080.
- 1 Word or .pdf file with signed Photo Licence Agreement
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.