The United States Department of State, in partnership with Cultural Vistas, is pleased to announce the application launch for the 2022 Young Pacific Leaders (YPL) TechCamp for Climate Action. The TechCamp will take place October 29-31, 2022 in Auckland, New Zealand.
The YPL TechCamp for Climate Action will bring young leaders from across the Pacific together with regional and U.S. leaders in the field of climate science and science communication to identify innovative approaches to climate resiliency and mitigation. Following the workshop, TechCamp participants will incorporate learnings and technologies to implement seed grant-funded projects to mobilize climate change stakeholders in their communities.
Eligibility from Young Pacific Leaders TechCamp
- Applicants must be at least 23 years old at the time of the TechCamp Workshop (born before November 1, 1999).
- Be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Citizen of one of the following YPL countries or territories: Australia, the Cook Islands, Fiji, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Islands of French Polynesia, Kiribati, the Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna, and the American-affiliated Pacific including American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and Hawaii.
- Demonstrated professional experience in the field of climate science. Successful applicants will highlight relevant work experience on their resume in their application essays.
- Applicants must be available to travel in-person to Auckland, New Zealand for TechCamp programming. The workshop is scheduled to take place from October 29 through October 31, 2022. Arrival and departure dates to Auckland will be contingent on regional travel itineraries.
Application of Young Pacific Leaders TechCamp
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on August 10, 2022 (New Zealand Time). All applicants will be notified of their selection status in September 2022.
Prepare electronic versions of the following items; you will upload them at the end of the application:
- Current C.V. or Resume (Limit 2 pages, Word Document or PDF format).
- Passport: Accepted participants must have a passport valid through 1 May 2023 at the time of the TechCamp. A copy of the biographic page is required (page with picture, legal name, birth information) and can be uploaded towards the end of the online application.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination: Accepted participants must demonstrate proof of full vaccination and meet the requirements outlined by the New Zealand Government.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.