The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids invites application for Africa Program and Communication Internship. As a non-profit organization, Tobacco-Free Kids accept no government or tobacco industry funding. Moreover, the organization relies on contributions from individuals, philanthropic foundations, corporations, and other non-profit organizations to continue working toward a tobacco-free future. Further, the Internship opens doors to various opportunities for youths.
The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids will require the Africa Program and Communication interns to:
- Work closely with Associate Director of Communications to create a catalog of relevant historical and policy information, materials, and references to inform Africa Program advocacy efforts
- Coordinate: Videos, articles, case studies, press releases, reports, etc.
- Manage Africa Communications Dropbox as new materials and information arrives
- Create policy and implementation calendars to mark elections, relevant anniversaries, milestones, etc.
- Support Program Director and Program Associate with day-to-day communication, research, report drafting
- Support the drafting of monthly reports for donors and internal updates
- Update and maintain Africa Program resources and databases
- Also, Provide additional support as needed
The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids has set up the skill set that an intern must meet to receive the internship. Moreover, the skills set required for the Africa Program and Communication internship program are:
- Demonstrated interest and experience in international advocacy related to global health, specifically in Africa
- Likewise, Exceptional writing, editing and oral communications skills with the ability to shape vibrant news stories
- Further, Experience using digital marketing technology tools for content publishing and reporting
- Moreover, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Keynote
- Working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, proactively and as part of a team
- Agility to work efficiently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling multiple projects and deadlines
- Additionally, French skills a plus
How To Apply
Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids accepts application via email. The candidates wishing to apply for the Africa Program & Communication Internship program may send their CV along with a cover letter and a writing sample.
Moreover, the prospective candidates may send the application for the Africa Program and communication internship until the position is filled.