Apply for UNESCO Internship Programme. If you are planning to embark on a career in the field of education, science, or culture, then an internship at UNESCO will be ideal for you.
The UNESCO Internship Programme offers you practical work in one of UNESCO’s priority areas. Aside from helping you understand the Organization’s mandate, programmes, and main thrusts, it also enhances your academic knowledge with relevant work assignments that can help you prepare for your future career.
In order to apply, candidates must
- Have completed your full-time university studies (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment; or
- Be enrolled in a graduate programme (second university degree or Master’s degree or equivalent, or higher), at the time of application.
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (first or second degree as defined above), within the last 12 months.
- Age: You must be at least 20 years old to apply.
- Languages: You should have an excellent command, both written and spoken, of English or French. A working knowledge of the other language (English or French) is an asset; and may be necessary for internships in secretarial and assistantship assignments at the headquarters.
- Computer skills: You must have an excellent knowledge of computer systems and office-related software.
- Team player: You should be able to work well in a team and adapt to an international working environment.
- Communication skills: You should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Visa: You should obtain any necessary visas.
- Travel: You must arrange and finance your travel to the location where you will undertake your internship.
Medical insurance: You must show proof of a comprehensive health insurance valid in the country where you will undertake your internship and for the entire period of the internship. UNESCO will only provide limited insurance coverage up to USD 30,000 against risk of illness, disability, or death during the internship period.
- Medical certificate: Before the beginning of your internship, you must provide a medical certificate indicating you are fit to work.
- ID/Certificate of Enrolment/Diploma (if you have just recently graduated)
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here