Join the Summer Internship Program of 2022 in Borealis AI. The internships are currently running virtually.
Interns support research on a wide variety of theoretical and applied machine learning projects. Being part of the Borealis team means you’ll have the opportunity to publish original research in peer-reviewed academic conferences, such as NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, CVPR.
Borealis AI is an AI and Machine Learning Research Institute backed by the Royal Bank of Canada. With 40+ scientific publications in top-tier academic venues, the institute performs research in areas.
Areas of Internship Opportunities:
- Deep Learning
- Reinforcement Learning
- Graphs and Optimization
- Unsupervised and Semi-supervised Learning
- Bayesian Optimization
- Privacy and Fairness
- Interpretability and Explainability
- Time Series Forecasting
- Natural Language Processing
- Computer Vision
- Ability to implement state-of-the-art machine learning techniques
- High motivation to solve challenging research problems
- Passion for data, algorithms, as well as statistics
- Experience working towards a PhD or already hold an MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or another mathematically related field
- Also previous publications at a top-tier AI conference
- Experience with writing modular, robust, scalable software in Python
- In addition, familiarity with the Unix command line and bash scripting
- Proficiency with deep learning packages, such as Tensorflow, Keras, and PyTorch
- Moreover, a deep understanding of machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modelling
More information on the Summer Internship
The program will run for 4 months (May-August 2022).
For further information, visit the official website to learn more!