The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) invites application for Brand Marketing Campaign and Event Internship. WFP is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The WFP Madrid Office is seeking to increase awareness and to highlight the role of WFP towards Zero Hunger among wider audiences. To pursue this effort, the Madrid Office is involving a Brand Marketing Campaigns & Events intern. Under the supervision of the Communications Officer, the intern will support the development, management, and execution of campaigns, events, and other activities, engaging partners to achieve higher brand and cause awareness in Spain.
Why Internship at the United Nations World Food Programme?
The intern at Wold Food Programme will have an opportunity to:
- Be fully familiar with the role of the WFP for Zero Hunger within the 2030 Agenda;
- Have enhanced capacity to identify brand marketing opportunities for a United Nations program and to roll them out effectively;
- Understand the opportunities and challenges of communications in a UN program.
- Living conditions in Madrid, Spain
What will the Brand Marketing Campaign and Event Intern do at WFP?
The Brand Marketing Campaign and Event Intern will work under the direct supervision of the Communications Officer. Further, the selected intern will support the Madrid Office with activities related to WFP’s brand-building marketing efforts with the following key duties:
- Support the development, production, and promotion of campaigns and events to help achieve wider WFP brand awareness in Spain, protect WFP’s brand voice as well as create impactful visibility partnerships, ensuring consistency with corporate messages and standards;
- Under clear guidance, draft proposals, presentations, briefing and guidance documents, correspondence and other engagement materials and messaging, including tailoring WFP integrated marketing campaigns to Spain, as well as producing communication pieces and reports on campaigns and events as needed;
- Manage and maintain records and databases to ensure the information is accurate, organized and readily available for others to access;
- Research potential campaign and event supporters, including influencers in the Spanish market;
- Further, research and keep a record of relevant events taking place in Madrid and elsewhere in Spain, to promote WFP participation;
- Likewise, prepare and effectively disseminate campaign and communications assets and tools to partners and outreach to influencers;
- Also, help set up and coordinate activities, including management of service providers and partners for the productions of materials needed;
- Coordinate closely with relevant colleagues in the WFP Madrid Office and the HQ Communications, Advocacy and Marketing Department to ensure message alignment and timely delivery;
- Undertake other related tasks and duties when needed.
What qualifications are necessary for Brand Marketing Campaign Internship?
- Currently enrolled with at least two years of undergraduate studies completed, or recently graduated (within the past six months) in Communications, Marketing, or another relevant field;
- Likewise, university course attendance in the past 12 months;
- Further, intermediate knowledge of graphic design tools;
- Also, intermediate social media and photo and video editing skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to think creatively and strategically;
- Excellent communications skills, in particular in Spanish writing;
- Understanding of the local context: the ability to understand audiences and plan for desired outcomes;
- Methodical approach to work assignments as well as attention to detail;
- Team spirit, good organizations and interpersonal skills; able to work independently, and eager to learn about humanitarian assistance and development cooperation;
- Previous experience in a creative agency/ marketing department of a company will be an asset.
- Working knowledge of English (proficiency/level C) and native Spanish are required.
How to apply for an Internship at World Food Programme?
Applicants may apply for the World Food Programme internship by submitting the online application. Further, the applicants will require a recent CV and cover letter to apply for the internship. Also, the interns may submit a relevant portfolio and documentation.
Interns, however, should note that they may submit only one PDF file via the online application portal. Hence, the applicants must merge all documents into one PDF file before uploading.
Applicants may apply for the Brand Marketing Campaign and Event at WFP until 29 July 2019. WFP will not accept any more application after the past the deadline.