Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is a global housing ministry active in over 70 countries. Last year alone, HFHI supported over 8.7 million individuals through direct community engagement and Market systems, an additional 2.2 million in training and advocacy, and engaged over 1.4 million in volunteer activity around the world. As such HFHI invites application for Global Housing Innovation Resource Internship
This position will support a portfolio of internal capacity building initiatives as well as contribute to HFHI’s international housing resource efforts designed to help position Habitat for Humanity as a global housing expert and preferred partner.
Moreover, Habitat for Humanity International guarantees remuneration of $15/hr. for an undergraduate or $17/hr. for the graduate Global Housing Innovation Resource Intern.
What will the Global Housing Innovation Resource Intern do at HFHI?
As the organization enters the final years of the strategic plan implementation, the intern will have the opportunity to assist Habitat’s leaders in building the internal capacity needed for the execution of its global strategy. Further, the Global Housing Innovation Resource Intern will have responsibilities in lines of:
- Support the collection, aggregation, and analysis of emerging trends in the US and international development sectors, producing regular information pieces related to housing system sectors.
- Likewise, publication of the annual key housing documents for external distribution.
- Provide support for a variety of staff professional development opportunities and external speaker events.
- Take on additional projects based on the interests and capacity of the candidate.
- Also, be a dynamic contributing member of emerging new projects as they emerge.
What do you need for Global Housing Innovation Resource Internship?
- Successfully pursuing or recently completed a graduate degree. (Open to exceptional senior undergrads with work experience.)
- Ability to move between strategic thinking and details
- Broad housing systems and or international development background.
- Must be well-organized, detailed oriented, and able to work well both independently and in a cross matrix team environment.
- Exceptionally strong writing, design and presentation, and editing communications skills
- Likewise, strong interest in non-profit housing-related work
- Knowledge or experience with strategic planning, business planning, and change management.
- The US and/ or International housing-related field experience
How to apply for an Internship at the HFHI?
Applicants may apply for the HFHI internship by submitting the online application. Further, the applicants will require a recent CV and cover letter to apply for the internship. Also, the interns may submit a relevant portfolio and documentation.