The University of West Florida invites application for the Internship Coordination Intern. The University of West Florida, also known as West Florida and UWF, is a mid-sized public university in Pensacola, Florida, United State. It is a comprehensive research university without faculties of law or medicine, a designated space-grant institution, and sits on the third-largest campus in the State University System
Reimbursement for the Internship Coordination Intern
The Internship Coordination Intern program at the University of West Florida guarantees the reimbursement at a rate of $8.46 per hour.
What will the Coordination Intern do at the University of West Florida?
The Internship Coordination intern will have 60% of the work cut out as Employer Connections and Outreach which includes intern to:
- Work with CDCE staff and SAR staff to identify potential employers for outreach.
- Conduct outreach communications with employers via email, phone, and in-person meetings.
- Operate web-based programs to facilitate communications with employers.
- Assist supervisor with developing employer training materials.
Further, the intern will have the rest of the 40% work cut out for Curriculum Development which includes:
- Assist supervisor with developing curriculum materials for the internship course, including presentations, handouts, assignments, and activities.
- Also, provide support with the development of internship curriculum, guidelines, and checkpoints.
Qualifications for an Internship Coordination Intern at the University of West Florida
- Applicants must be a graduate student enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- Must maintain a positive, professional attitude while serving as a member of the Career Development team.
- Should possess proven verbal and written communication skills
- Further, possess excellent professionalism, organizational, and time management skills
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail
Further, the University of West Florida will prefer its Internship Coordination intern to have additional qualification including:
- Availability to work 15 hours per week during normal business hours (some after-hours may be required as needed for events with sufficient notice)
- Likewise, previous experience in customer service.
- Further, have the ability to efficiently multitask and prioritize projects.
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated as well as detailed oriented.
- Ability to use Handshake, UWF’s job, and event management database.
- Also, operate a golf cart according to department policy.
- Interest or experience in education, recruiting, human resources or a related field is a plus
How to apply for an Internship at the University of West Florida?
Applicants can apply for the Coordination Intern at the University of West Florida via the online portal. Moreover, the candidates will also require to submit appropriate documentation including:
- A Resume/Vita
- A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position.
- A list of references
The University of West Florida will accept the application for the Internship Coordination Intern until 15 July 2019. Applications arriving after the deadline are invalid for the internship program.