The University Technology Office (UTO) Development team at Arizona State University is seeking a motivated candidate for the position of Management Internship to join the high-performing team. This role will work closely and collaboratively with users to design, create, develop, enhance as well as maintain web content, tools, functionality, and format based on requests to ensure consistency in content in accordance with established standards, guidelines, and best practice methods.
Reimbursement for the Management Internship
The Management Internship program at Arizona State University guarantees the reimbursement at a rate of $18.45 per hour.
What will the Management Intern do at Arizona State University?
- Developing accessible front ends for sites and apps, including Drupal themes, using current standards and tools
- Likewise, interacting with project managers, senior developers, quality assurance staff and customers
- Further, supporting customers in their use of our software and systems
- Learning as well as improving tools and techniques established by the development team
- Collaborating with colleagues on coding, source control management, technical reviews, as well as troubleshooting
- Maintaining technical currency as well as take advantage of professional development opportunities
- Also, participating in relevant technical communities at ASU and beyond.
What qualifications do you need for a Management Internship?
The successful candidate will have Drupal front-end development and site-building knowledge, preferably with some Drupal back-end development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- Also, the intern candidate can have any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Web accessibility best practices for ADA compliance
- ASU Web Standards
- HTML5, CSS3
- Git and GitHub especially working with multiple branches
- Mobile and/or responsive web design
- ASU Webspark
- Drupal theme as well as module development
- The Drupal hook system and API
- Migrating Drupal sites
- OOP principles in PHP 5.x and greater
- Drupal database structure and schema
- communicating with stakeholders and end-users
How to apply for an Internship at Arizona State University?
Applicants can apply for the Management Internship at the Arizona State University via the online portal. Moreover, the candidates will also require to submit appropriate documentation including:
- A Resume/Vita
- A cover letter indicating how your qualifications, as well as experience, have prepared you for this position.
Arizona State University will accept the application for the Management Internship until 23 July 2019. Applications arriving after the deadline are invalid for the internship program.