(UN) Senior Programme Management Officer Internship in Montreal, Canada
UNEP sets the global environmental agenda, promotes sustainable development within the UN, and advocates for the global environment. Senior Programme Management officer position is based at the Montreal duty station.
1. Project review and management:
Reviews and assesses all types of projects submitted to the Multilateral Fund Secretariat, multi-year projects and national phase out and phase down plans, individual investment projects and work programme amendments of bilateral and implementing agencies.
- Evaluates multi-year projects, frameworks, plans, and budgets under the Montreal Protocol. Offers guidance for improvements to align with Executive Committee decisions and guidelines
- Evaluates technical assistance projects and training activities for the servicing sector at the national and/or regional levels.
- Provides advice to the Secretariat’s Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, as requested, on desk studies and further evaluation activities related to projects and activities already implemented.
- Reviews the work programmes submitted by bilateral and implementing agencies to ensure consistency with the funding and project guidelines of the Executive Committee, provides an analysis of the submitted projects and recommendations for consideration of the Executive Committee.
- Develops project submission templates for use of bilateral and implementing agencies to efficiently support the preparation of project requests to be included in the work programmes for submission.
2. Policies and guidelines supporting the operation of the Multilateral Fund:
- Develops policy papers on issues emanating from the discussions of the members of the Executive Committee requiring new guidelines, approaches and policies for consideration by the Committee.
- Negotiates with and provides advice to representatives of the implementing agencies on policy issues related to technical issues for the submitted project proposals. Provides advice on cost-effective approaches for phasing out / phasing down the use of controlled substances in these sectors and facilities the exchange of information on issues related to the Montreal Protocol.
3. Liaison with external Organizations:
- Monitors the developments in technology in areas related to the controlled substances of the Montreal Protocol. Identifies and recommends optimal, cost-effective and sustainable technologies and recommends their transfer to developing countries.
- Represents the Fund Secretariat and provides advice on policies and technologies in meetings of the Regional Ozone Networks under UNEP’s Compliance Assistance Programme (CAP).
4. Organizational responsibilities:
- Acts as a resource person to the Executive Committee by providing advice on policies and procedures.
- Manages the work of a Programme Officer and Programme Assistant.
5. Leads team members’ efforts to collect and analyze data and provides insight to identify trends or patterns for data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting. Ensures that everyone can discover, access, integrate and share the data they need.
6. Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
You might find this interesting, 2023 Manager Internship in World bank at, United States
A Glimpse into the Programme:
Here’s what you need to know about the(UN) Senior Programme Management Officer in Montreal, Canada:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree, or equivalent) in chemical or environmental engineering, environmental science, economics or related fields is required.
- A first-level degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the specified fields of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience at the national or international level in project management, project evaluation is required.
- Experience in project management related environmental problems in developing countries is required.
- Experience in project management and evaluation matters relating to multilateral environmental agreements at a national or international level is required.
- Experience of the Montreal Protocol is desirable.
- Experience in developing and/or presenting reports and data, as well as facilitating meetings is desirable.
- Experience in innovative funding modalities and / or projects related to energy efficiency is desirable.
- Experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
NOTE: ”Fluency” equals a rating of ”fluent” in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and ”Knowledge of” equals a rating of ”confident” in two of the four areas.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Term Duration: Appointment against this position is for an initial period of one (1) year and may be subject to extension.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
For more details visit UN