Applications are open for UNDP Internship in Fiji. The Resident Coordination Office in Suva invites eligible applicants to join the team in one of the areas specialized below
- Strategic planning
- Development economics
- Partnerships and development finance
- Data and results management and reporting
- Communications and advocacy
- Peace and development
- Humanitarian development nexus
- UN75 and Pacific Listening Tour
Duties and Responsibilities
Internship-specific duties and responsibilities vary per team but may fall under the following categories:
- Conduct substantive research and analysis, including gathering and review of specialist reports; monitoring and tracking of political and thematic developments, including news updates; preparation of briefings and concept notes.
- Support and contribute to the reporting and M&E, including notetaking of key meetings, data collection and analysis. archiving; drafting, editing and fact-checking reports; development of infographics; drafting and publication of resource materials.
- Support and contribute to engagement with key partners (Parliament, Government, Ministries, civil society, Independent commissions, UN agencies, donors, etc.) including regular meetings with partners; mapping of partner activities; and participation in external events; working on proposals developments and researching new financing streams.
- Provide a range of services to support the effective and efficient implementation of the communication initiatives and support in the design of visual materials like posters, roll-ups and greeting cards.
- Provide assistance to organize internal and external events; support team integration and coordination.
Assist in other related duties as required.
Candidates must be enrolled in a degree programme in Social Sciences, International Relations, Economic Development, Journalism, Political Science, Communications, Graphic Design, Marketing or another related field. Applicants for this UNDP Internship in Fiji must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Enrollment in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
- Enrollment in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Experience in communications and social media outreach.
- Experience in online content development is desirable.
- Prior experience with the multilateral system is desirable.
- Must be able to work in a multicultural environment and be aware of political sensitivities.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and graphic design and photo editing software applications.
- Self-starter; organized; able to multitask, balance multiple responsibilities, and work to deadline.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here