- More specifically, and focusing on the field of the prevention of drug use and treatment of drug use disorders, he/she will be responsible for the following duties:
• Management of the segments on drug use prevention and treatment of drug use disorders (demand reduction) programmes in the region in line with UNODC guidelines and standards;
• Acting as substantive focal point with national stakeholders on the implementation of the demand reduction activities in Central Asia;
• Supporting partnerships, resource mobilization and advocacy activities at programme level under the drug demand reduction portfolio
- Management of the segments of drug demand reduction programmes projects in the region in line with UNODC guidelines and standards of UNODC:
• Implement, under the technical supervision of UNODC/PTRS team all project programme activities, including the organization and conduct of regional and national training seminars and workshops on prevention of drug use and treatment and care of drug dependence;.
• Prepare and submit inputs for donors and internal reports including quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports;
• Monitor the implementation of grant components of the projects.
- Supporting partnerships, resource mobilization and advocacy activities at programme project level under the drug demand reduction portfolio, with a specific focus on treatment of drug use disorders
• Be familiar with drug demand reduction activities of interest and need for development for national and regional counterparts;
• Identify resource mobilization opportunities for drug demand reduction and bring it to the attention of substantive and senior management.;
• Support advocacy efforts on drug demand reduction activities carried out by UN
- National Project Intern Officer – Supporting the implementation of the UNODC Regional Programme for Central Asia, including Uzbekistan• Ensure UNODC office national representation including on drug demand reduction activities.
• Assist and support the Regional Representative and the Programme Officer in ROCA as well as UNODC/PTRS in the preparation of relevant documentation, and analyze and contribute to written outputs, collate papers and reports prepared by UNODC (consultants, or project parties in the field of drug demand reduction (including background materials, documentation on training courses and meetings, data for evaluation, briefing notes, working papers, resource mobilization papers, etc.).;
Ensure regular exchange of information and /experience with other projects, cross-learning and sharing results and good practices.
Also Check: UNDP Procurement Assistant (Paid Internship) 2024 in Nepal
Required Skills and Experience for National Project Intern Officer
- Education: Master’s or equivalent in health, public health, human, social and political sciences, psychology or related studies.
- Experience: At least three years of relevant programme/ project experience in public health or related area is required at the national or international level. Work experience in public health, psychology or related area of work, including drug demand reduction and especially treatment of drug dependence is required. Knowledge and practical experience in operations relating to administration and finance would be desirable.
- Language Requirements: Fluency in English and Russian with excellent drafting skills. Knowledge of Uzbek language and other Central Asian languages is an advantage
- Computer skills: Excellent drafting skills for routine correspondence and proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Others: Knowledge of administrative procedures of the United Nations system would be desirable.
Also Check: Internship Opportunity: Join as a Communication Intern at UNDP