United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific invites application for a Graphic Design Internship in Bangkok, Thailand. This internship is in the Division of Administration for a period of four months, with an opportunity for extension up to six months, if required by the division. However, the internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the division or office to which they are assigned.
Under the general guidance of the direct supervision of a responsible officer at the United Nations, the Graphic Design intern’s duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance in drafting and producing graphic material designing and communication content.
- Creating design products, such as infographics, and other visuals for campaigns, publications, conferences, events and meetings, in accordance with UN design standards and policies on schedule and delivered in a timely manner;
- Assistance in editing and creating design layouts for briefs, film videos, mix sound and audio-visuals;
- Working on web-presentation
- Compiling statistics
- Media analysis
- Attend Human Resources Management meetings as well as other events
- Other activities upon request
What do you need for the UN Graphic Design Internship?
To qualify for an internship with the UN Internship program, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or Master’s level or equivalent); or
- Have graduated with a university degree and, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation from an academic program.
- Candidates must have experience working collaboratively in a team structure in a multicultural environment is desirable;
- Likewise, candidates must emonstrate a keen interest in the UN’s work and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
- Further, applicants will require professional working experience in communication.
- Also, the fluency of English (both written and spoken) is desirable. Additionally, knowledge of French and Spanish is a plus.
How to apply for an Internship at the United Nations?
Applicants may apply for the UN Graphic Design internship by submitting the online application. Further, the applicants will require a recent CV and cover letter to apply for the internship. Also, the interns may submit a relevant portfolio and documentation.
The Cover Letter must include:
- Degree Programme
- Graduation date
- List of the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in
- List of your top three areas of interest
- Explanation about why you are the most suitable candidate for this specific internship
- Explanation of your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme
Interns, however, should note that they may submit only one PDF file via the online application portal. Hence, the applicants must merge all documents into one PDF file before uploading.
Applicants may apply for the Graphic Design Internship at the United Nations until 31 March 2020. UN will not accept any more application after the past the deadline.