Applications are open for the UNU Junior Fellows Internship Programme at the Office of the Rector 2022.
The United Nations University (UNU) Office of the Rector recruits highly qualified applicants to work as Junior Fellows at the UNU headquarters in Tokyo.
The purpose of the Junior Fellows Internship Programme at the Office of the Rector is to:
- promote interaction and dialogue between young scholars, professionals, and UNU
- also, familiarize junior fellows with the activities of the Office of the Rector and the work of UNU
- provide opportunities for young professionals to gain in-depth, hands-on experience in a UN agency
- expose young professionals to an administrative working environment
- In addition, provide support to activities within the Office of the Rector.
Interns who are not in receipt of financial support from other sources such as universities or other institutions will receive a stipend from UNU to partially subsidize their basic living costs for the duration of the internship.
The monthly amount of the stipend will be determined for each duty station based on the stipend rates in effect.
You will get the stipend on a monthly basis and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
Participants in this program have the opportunity to engage in a number of ongoing initiatives that provide a unique window into the working processes of the University. Junior Fellows support the work of the Office of the Rector in the following areas:
- administrative research and writing for institutional development: preparation of executive briefs on priority issues; background research and drafting of topical information briefs in support of internal policy development
- Also, planning: supporting the development of project management tools and systems
- in-person and online event coordination: supporting the organization of lectures, conferences, workshops, and other public events
- In addition, meeting coordination: logistical support as well as minute taking
- editorial support: proof-reading reports and copy editing
- Moreover, communication: preparation and dissemination of newsletters, event summaries, and other communication documents.
- is currently pursuing or has recently completed (within two years of application) postgraduate studies (master’s or doctoral), preferably in a field related to the University’s work
- is under 32 years of age at the time of application
- Also, must not have more than 5 years of work experience in their related field
- has a native or fluent command of written and spoken English
- has excellent research, writing, and analytical skills
- In addition, can establish and maintain effective working relations with people from diverse backgrounds
- demonstrates resourcefulness and creativity in problem-solving
- has advanced computer skills: sound, hands-on, knowledge of MS Office applications
- Moreover, has a demonstrated interest in the work of the United Nations and more specifically, in the work of the United Nations University.
Recruitment of the fellows is through a competitive application process twice per year.
Applications for the Fall 2022 term will be accepted from May 2, 2022, to May 29, 2022. Note that due to the pandemic, for the Fall 2022 term only applicants located in Japan and able to travel to UNU headquarters in Tokyo will be considered.
Click here to Apply!!!