Applications are open for 2021 International Students Scholarship in Italy. The 2021 International Students Scholarship in Italy – Fully Funded is called Alta Scuola Politecnica (ASP) which is open to all nationalities and deadline is 14th October 2021.
The Alta Scuola Politecnica (ASP) promotes a path reserved for talented students willing to broaden the horizon of their disciplinary training and motivated to integrate it with additional transverse elements. Students are initiated to a path of advanced interdisciplinary training to understand the complex relationships between science, innovation, technology and socio-economic systems.
Through this understanding, the students refine their ability to make a positive impact on society and the environment. The educational core of the ASP path is contextualization and problem definition. complex (problem setting), as well as the ability to deal with problems critically originated from the multiplicity of points of view and sensitivities involved (challenge the picture). This does not exclude and indeed lays the foundations for the actual problem solving (problem solving). From a practical point of view, this intent translates for ASP in a path of Intensive Schools structured around complementary topics and in an application project of multidisciplinary character, developed by the students in parallel to the path of master’s degree.
In this context, the disciplinary technical expertise, supported by the industrial, professional, research and other non-academic institutions experiences, helps students to define viable solutions, supporting the dialectical process open to others cultures and sensitivities.
ASP courses are cross-cultural and built on top of the technical knowledge and skills acquired by the students in their specific Laurea Magistrale courses. Their goal is to discuss interdisciplinary issues common to any innovation project in Engineering, Architecture and Design.
All courses are in English.
Courses are held in the form of Intensive Schools (Winter, Spring and Summer Schools). Students are required to attend all the Schools, which are residential courses (all travelling and lodging expenses are covered by the ASP). The teaching style is a mix of formal lectures, seminars, group and personal work. The focus is on learning instead of teaching, with a strong emphasis on the interaction between lecturers (Italian and international prominent professors) and students.
Part of the activity is developed in small student groups, where teamwork and discussion is assisted by tutors. The workload for students is compatible with their regular study activities.
During 1st year of MSc
- Dynamics of Innovation – Aim of the course: to provide the students with a comprehensive understanding of innovation and innovation dynamics, from the point of view of both management and economics.
- Design Methods and Process – Aim of the course: to introduce the ASP students to the wide range of existing methods, from the descriptive models for analyzing Design processes and behaviours, to the prescriptive tools that provide a structured and multi-disciplinary approach to design.
- XV Cycle – Decision-making for designing – Aim of the course: in the ASP framework, students attend the “Decision Making”’s lectures after the courses devoted to “Dynamics of Innovation” and “Design Methods and Processes”. This is the third and final step in understanding the complexity of the dynamics we all happen in describing and solving problems.
- XVI Cycle – Decision making for changing cities – Aim of the course: to deepen polytechnic students’ understanding of processes of decision in complex contexts. Their technical competences will be challenged while coping with issues of change, innovation and relevance in cities’ transformations. Particular emphasis is dedicated to the use of decision support systems that assist decision makers and stakeholders in the choice of actions and policies.
During 2nd year of MSc
- “What’s new”: Digital twins: how digitalization and data will change industry, cities and everyday life – Aim of the course: The will be centered on the concept of digital twin, intended as an alter ego of the subject. The School will address the application scenarios of industry (alter ego of a machine), of our living environment (alter ego of the building or of the city), and of the citizen with reference to the healthcare domain (alter ego of the patient). Foundations on data science and big data management, as well as discussions of social and ethical aspects of digitalization of lives and work, will complete the program it intends to explore the main challenges and perils produced by the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
- Course on Communication Skills and effective presenting – The course aims at (1) raising the students’ awareness on communication relevance and issues, with a special emphasis on the “human” factor (“addressing the addressee”) and (2) equipping the students with basic and advanced skills on how to be clear and persuasive, in oral and written communication (public speaking and report writing). In addition, following an experimental activity carried out in year 2019, a support to “mentoring” will be included, in the form of a video-tutorial on how to make a CV (with examples). This input is meant to be followed up by peer-tutoring (ASP alumni).
Benefits of 2021 International Students Scholarship in Italy
- All students enrolled in the ASP program will benefit from a tuition fee waiver (the fee waiver does not include the regional tax and administrative fees), for the two-year Laurea Magistrale program.
- Tuition fee waiver for the ASP programme.
- ASP will cover transportation costs, together with lodging and meals during the ASP Schools.
- ASP students will be granted a financial support for project activities, according to the annual financial availability.
Join us on Telegram for more Opportunities!!