Atlas Horn of Africa > France Postdoctoral research fellowship | Call for Applications (Stipend available up to 1700€).
This research stay is designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France: field enquiries, library and archives work. This call is part of the Atlas Programme for short-term postdoctoral mobility launched by the FMSH and its partners.
Check: (Fully Funded) Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom Talent Promotion Program 2024
- Laureates will receive a monthly stipend of 1 700€ (paid at the beginning of each month of stay). This financial contribution is intended to cover expenditure such as transport and accommodation costs.
Also Check: MLOVE Fellowship Program for Young Leaders (Fully Funded)
Eligibility for France Postdoctoral research fellowship
- Open to researchers originating from Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti and Somaliland and affiliated with an institution of higher education and research or a public or private research institute based in one of these countries.
- Applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate and presented their thesis from 2018.
- Applicants must be involved in research in social and human sciences.
- French host institution: Before submitting their application, applicants will have to find a French research institution to host them for the time of their stay. Applicants will have to provide a letter from the hosting institution addressed to the FMSH and the CFEE expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions offered.
You may want to explore: (Fully Funded) Audi Environmental Foundation Scholarship for Participation in the One Young World Summit 2024
Selection criteria of France Postdoctoral research fellowship
A selection committee composed of members of the FMSH, the CFEE and external experts will analyze and select the applications based on the following elements:
- The quality of the scientific file and the methodology developed
- The relevance of a mobility in the Horn of Africa (Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti and Somaliland) with regard to the project developed and the researcher’s background
- The ability to identify scientific contacts on site
Researchers who have never benefited from the program will be given preference.
In the “Documents” final tab, you will need to upload your research application into one single PDF document:
- Research proposal
- Signed cover letter
- CV of maximum 2 pages and list of publications
Copy of the PhD diploma
- Letter from the director of the research institution in in the country of origin
- Letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France