The Seattle personal injury lawyers at Colburn Law want to be a helping hand to students who have suffered a disability.
This scholarship is open to students who have been affected by direct spinal cord injuries and diseases resulting in paralyses such as spinal tumors, strokes, or aneurysms affecting the spinal cord, spina bifida, MS, traumatic brain injuries, Parkinson’s, and cerebral palsy.
The successful applicant will gain $3,000 one time to increase public awareness and to help a scholar in need.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.
- Must be enrolled as either an undergraduate or in the final year of high school
- Must be age 17 or older
No matter how many challenges you have encountered, you have a new story to tell. Please write an original essay on one of the prompts below:
- Are you an advocate for your community or involved in any organizations? How has your experience dealing with a disability inspired you to educate and shape your community and neighborhood for the better?
- Being wheelchair-bound or having a disability can be extremely taxing on your daily routine. Do you participate in different activities (cooking, writing, instruments…) as a way of coping? If so, what are they?
How to Apply?
- Include your essay as an email attachment (.docx , .doc, .pdf or .txt files are best)
- Include your Full Name, email address, Mailing Address, and a phone number at the top of your essay.
- Also, include 1-2 sentences about yourself (What school, college, or university you attend or plan to attend and your plans for the future)
Send these submissions to [email protected]