Applications for the DW Akademie Constructive Journalism Fellowship 2022 are now open. DW Akademie is offering a set of TV and video journalists the opportunity to take part in the fellowship.
It brings together media professionals who want to learn more about constructive storytelling and to connect with like-minded colleagues. The five-month Fellowship has a hybrid training format with a one-week on-site session either in Germany or on the Sub-Saharan African continent that will take place at the end of the program in March 2023. They reserve the right to conduct the on-site event as an online session if prevailing COVID-19 regulations restrict travel.
The Constructive Journalism Fellowship includes the following components:
- DW Akademie has developed a curriculum that gives you a deep understanding of Constructive Journalism.
- Financial support and mentorship to produce a constructive visual project.
- Individual coaching.
- Networking opportunities.
- DW Akademie will award each participant a certificate after completing the fellowship.
Eligibility for Akademie Constructive Journalism Fellowship
- Applicants should be a resident in a Sub-Saharan African country, have a valid passport and be able to travel for the one-week training in March 2023.
- The trainings and overall communication will be held in English. Applicants should have a command of English that corresponds at least to the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
- All applicants should have several years of experience in producing visual content, and be able to handle their equipment and work relatively independently. Previous experience in constructive journalism is not required.
- All participants must have access to the technical equipment needed for their constructive visual project, and a laptop to participate in the online workshop.
Expectations of Akademie Constructive Journalism Fellowship
All selected fellows are expected to:
- take part in the online trainings being held between November 2022 and February 2023 as well as in the on-site training in March 2023
- Secondly, organize their own visa for the on-site training
- Thirdly, produce a constructive video
- during the video production phase, engage with the mentor and find publication options
- write a fellowship report
- Lastly, share your constructive journalism skills with your colleague (in a formal or informal setting)
Application of Akademie Constructive Journalism Fellowship
The deadline for applications is Sunday, July 31, 12:00 am CET (Central European Time).
In addition to filling out the form, all applicants are required to upload a CV, a copy of their passport, three work samples, a letter of reference and an outline for three possible constructive stories for their production project. Note that your stories should highlight local approaches or responses to broader, global crises.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.