Are you a secondary-level, full-time teacher in Romania? Apply now for the Fulbright Romania Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program 2022-2023 – Media Literacy Cohort.
The Fulbright TEA Program will bring international secondary-level teachers to the United States for a six-week professional development program to take academic seminars at a host university, observe and share their expertise with U.S. teachers and students, and develop action plans to promote media literacy and critical thinking skills in their home schools, classrooms, and communities.
The Fulbright TEA Media Literacy Cohort is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), with funding provided by the U.S. Government and administered by IREX in collaboration with the Fulbright Commission.
- General academic seminars focusing on new teaching methodologies, lesson planning, and instructional technology training for teachers;
- Specialized seminars with a focus on classroom media literacy and critical thinking skills;
- A practicum of at least 40 hours with a U.S. partner teacher in local secondary schools;
- A variety of relevant professional development and cultural activities.
Eligibility for Fulbright Teaching Excellence
- Be current secondary-level, full-time teachers of English as a Foreign Language (EFL), Romanian language and literature, social studies, civics, history, global studies, media studies, communications, journalism, law, math, science, or related fields at high schools or middle schools serving primarily a local population;
- Additionally, Have earned a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Have completed at least three years of full-time teaching by the start of the program;
- Moreover, Have Romanian citizenship, reside and work in Romania at the time of application and of program participation;
- Demonstrate oral and written English language proficiency;
- Have experience or demonstrated interest in the field of media literacy and critical thinking;
- Demonstrate a commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program;
- Have submitted a complete application.
Selection Criteria of Fulbright Teaching Excellence
- Firstly, Demonstrated commitment to secondary education;
- Secondly, Demonstrated commitment or interest in promoting media literacy and critical thinking in the classroom;
- Thirdly, Demonstrated leadership potential;
- Professional and educational experience and achievements;
- Potential for developing long-term linkages between U.S. and home country educational institutions and schools;
- Preparedness (including maturity, flexibility, and ability to function independently) for an intensive U.S.-based training program;
- Willingness and capacity to work and live collaboratively with international peers to foster a positive learning community for professional development;
- Articulated ideas for applying program experience to improving secondary education and media literacy in the home country;
- Ability to express ideas clearly and effectively;
- Oral and written English language skills sufficient to manage coursework, participate in specialized seminars, and deliver presentations in U.S. schools;
- Applicants who have had few or no opportunities to travel to the U.S. will be given priority;
- Preference will be given to applicants who are members of or who work with students from under-served communities or traditionally underrepresented groups including but not limited to women, racial, ethnic and religious minorities, people with disabilities, the LGBTI community, and people from diverse geographic areas of the country.
- Preference will also be given to applicants who have not previously received a Fulbright grant.
Application of Fulbright Teaching Excellence
Each applicant need to submit:
- An online application form (including the Institutional Support and Reference Form completed by your supervisor; and the Leave Approval Form completed by your school director);
- A scanned copy of your passport photo page sent to [email protected]
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.