Fully Funded DAAD Doctoral Scholarships are open for application for international students wishing to pursue research in Germany. Further, DAAD research grants provide young foreign academics and scientists to also continue their education in Germany. There are funding programmes for various qualification phases and stages in a career. The grants also promote the exchange of experience and networking among colleagues.
Moreover, fully Funded DAAD Scholarships aims to support doctoral projects in Germany.
Eligible Doctoral Candidates can seek for a program at a state or state-recognised institution (Universities)in Germany. Also, the candidates may seek for a doctoral research program at non-university research institute in Germany. Moreover, as the part of DAAD scholarships, it provides the doctoral candidates the following benefits:
- individual projects under the supervision of a university teacher or academic adviser
- Also, participation in a structured doctoral study programme
- Depending on academic level, monthly stipend of €850 for graduates students while €1,200 for doctoral candidates.
- Also, DAAD will make reimbursement towards health, accident and personal liability insurance.
- Further, the DAAD Doctoral scholarships cover travel allowance (unless covered by the home country or another source of funding)
- One-off research allowance
To obtain a fully funded DAAD scholarships, applicants will require to:
- 1st class Master degree
- As a rule, applicants should not have graduated any longer than six years before the application deadline. If you are already working on a doctoral degree, you should not have started your degree any longer than three years previously.
- Further, applicants are ineligible for the scholarships consideration if they have resided in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline.
- Also, the scholars will require to maintain language proficiency. However, this depends on the subject of research. In the arts, social sciences and in law, applicants will require to have at least a good knowledge of German language. While that for the natural sciences and engineering applicants must produce proof for English language Proficiency.
Moreover, the eligibility criteria for DAAD Doctoral Scholarships varies according to the nation of origin of the Doctoral Candidates.
How To Apply
Applying for the fully funded DAAD Scholarships will require applicants to make an online form submission. Along with the form, applicants must upload their full CV as well as a List of their publications if applicable. Also, the doctoral candidates must submit an extensive and detailed description of the research proposal and a description of previous research work (max. 10 pages). Furthermore, applicants will require to provide:
In the case of individual projects supervised by a university teacher (academic adviser)
- Letter confirming supervision by a university teacher in Germany (academic adviser)
- Schedule of planned research work
In the case of planned participation in a structured doctoral study programme:
- Letter of admission to a study programme; this can be subsequently submitted before the grant-supported research begins if it is not available at the time of application.
- Proof of existing contacts to the coordinator of the doctoral programme in the form of copies of correspondence
Also for all applicants:
- Diplom or degree certificate indicating final grade(s): the certificate must be subsequently submitted before the grant-supported research begins if it is not available at the time of application.
- Other documents which support your application (example: certificates of employment, proof of placements, etc.)
- Depending on the subject certificate of knowledge of German language (onDaF, TestDaF) or English language (IELTS or TOEFL iBT or TEM)
An independent selection committee consisting of specialist scientists reviews DAAD Scholarships applications. The most important selection criteria:
- a convincing and well-planned research project or course of continuing education
- academic achievements
Additional documents that prove academic suitability or provide information about extracurricular activities will also be considered in the assessment.
Doctoral applicants wishing to take fully funded DAAD Scholarships must make their submission along with all the required documents no later than 15 October 2019. Applications arriving post deadline are ineligible for the scholarships consideration.