Are you currently studying for a degree in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, Structural Biology, Mathematics or related disciplines? Are you looking for a practical training period during July and August in Berlin? If so this could be an opportunity for you. Apply now for the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin International Summer Student Program 2022.
Each summer HZB offers undergraduate students the eight-week summer student program. Students from all over the world get the chance to work on their own research projects in close cooperation with scientists. The program offers students the opportunity to participate in the everyday work of HZB’s research teams at their laboratories or experimental areas located at the HZB-campuses in Berlin-Wannsee or Berlin-Adlershof. The program is accomplished by site visits at the synchrotron radiation source BESSY II, laboratories for solar energy research, and an accelerator producing proton beams for eye tumor therapy.
Benefits from Berlin Summer Student Program
HZB will provide you with:
- An internship contract of 8 weeks to work on a project.
- A subsistence allowance for the whole contract duration of €1,800 gross for external participants and €1,000 gross for students of the universities located in Berlin and Potsdam.
- Travel expenses will be subsidized up to an amount of €500 to help you with the costs of travel between Berlin and your residence.
Eligibility Required for Berlin Summer Student Program
- Firstly, You are a student (not PhD candidate) in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, or related disciplines. You should have completed at least two years of full-time study in your major discipline at the university level.
- Secondly, You will remain registered as a student during your stay at HZB.
- Thirdly, You have a good knowledge of English, knowledge of German would be an advantage.
- Lastly, You need to hand in a letter of reference by the end of the application period.
Application Details for Berlin Summer Student Program
You will need the following documents to complete your application:
- Academic CV: Your CV should be in tabular form and chronological sequence and reflect the most important stages in your education and career. Keep your CV concise and clear and do not exceed 2 pages.
- Transcripts and academic degree certificate (if applicable): A copy of your most recent academic transcripts giving an overview of your mark (Make sure that the document is not protected so that they can open it).
- Confirmation of Enrolment: The certificate of enrolment has to be valid until the end of August 2022. Students of any German university should include the respective Immatrikulationsbescheinigung of their current university. Students from Non-EU and Non-EEA countries need working permission for Germany and are requested to download the Certificate of Enrolment. Only this form, filled in, signed, and stamped by your university is accepted as evidence that you are a student.
- Copy of passport or identity card in English
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.