Applications are open for the Global Youth Climate Action Fund (GYCAF) Microgrants 2023. GYCAF envisions a world where young people are given the resources to pursue green entrepreneurship and create a green economy with the goal of lowering carbon emissions and conserving the environment.
The Global Youth Climate Action Fund (GYCAF) is dedicated to financing youth-led climate action in communities hardest hit by the impacts of climate change. The idea for the fund was birthed at COP25 and developed over a three-month consultation period that involved virtual dialogues with finance experts to help curate a vehicle that supports and champions youth-led climate action.
- Sustainable Agriculture: smart agriculture to ensure food sustainability.
- Clean Energy: powering communities in need of light and energy.
- Oceans: protecting marine life and mitigating climate catastrophes.
- Capacity Building: empowering youth with entrepreneurship skills.
- Green Stewardship: protecting biodiversity and influencing behavioral change.
- Technology and Innovation: breakthroughs that solve climate-related problems.
Youth Climate Action Fund
- Successful applicants will be awarded grants between USD $500 – USD $1,000, depending on the grantee application.
Eligibility for Youth Climate Action Fund
- Open to Youth-led organizations (80 percent majority-owned; the definition of youth adopted is under 30 years of age).
- Strong motivation on creating change or an impact in the community through grassroots activism.
- Conducting grassroots activism in their community.
- Seeking grants to kick-start or support already existing initiatives.
- Clear environment and socio-economic impacts of the project/initiative.
- A clear idea of how to use the funds and why this grant will be useful to create more value and impact for the project.
- Demonstrates well-planned project, with well-developed strategy, timeline, budgeting, and team management.
- Goal Alignment
- Goal aligns with GYCAF vision of realizing youth projects in sustainability.
- Functionality and Relevance
- Understand the audience and relevance of the project to the intended audience.
- Determine how the project addresses a problem that is not currently or sufficiently being addressed.
- Financial Planning
- Great financial awareness with a clear idea of the project finances to be sustainable (including a clear budget/needs table).
- A clear understanding of how the team plans to meet the financial needs of the project.
- Understanding long-term financial implications of the project (if relevant).
- Individuals who are motivated and committed to the project.
- Demonstrates cohesion and excellent group dynamics with a clear understanding of the roles and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates clear impact with a focus on the community.
- Have a clear timeline for implementation of the project.
- Understand the key barriers to the successful deployment of the project and how the team plans on overcoming them.
Application of Youth Climate Action Fund
Click here to apply
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.