Applications are now open for the Hamel Family Scholarship for Further Education 2022!
The Hamel Family Scholarship for Further Education aims to encourage further education among equestrians.
Eligible candidates may apply for the Hamel Family Scholarship every year but one cannot receive the scholarship more than once. The USHJA Foundation will award the scholarship mid-summer each year.
the USHJA awards one or more USHJA members funds to be used for college, graduate, trade, or professional school, totaling $25,000 each year.
- Two-year consecutive USHJA Membership (at least at the associate membership level)
- US Citizen or Legal Resident Accepted to a College, University, Trade, or Professional School in the United States for the Current School Year
- Have a GPA of 3.0 (or better) on a 4.0 scale; for those not recently in school, equivalent employment history will be considered
- Demonstrate financial need
- Applicant’s most recent tax return and/or any tax return on which the applicant is a dependent
- College, university, graduate, or trade school acceptance letter or proof of registration for the Fall 2022 semester
- Most recent high school or college transcript. If a recent transcript is not available, please attach a resume that details your employment history
- 3 letters of recommendation from teachers, employers, coaches, trainers, or those you reported to during your community service. Letters should detail your background, achievements, as well as examples of leadership, and community involvement. Moreover, one letter must be from the applicant’s trainer and at least one letter must be from an active USHJA member.
- Signature of parent or legal guardian if the applicant is under the age of 18