Apply for Internship at Vienna Center for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation (VCDNP). Its an international non-governmental organisation based in Vienna, Austria.
It is looking for individuals who completed or are working toward a graduate degree, preferably in a related field, e.g. international relations, political science, chemistry, biology or engineering, and interest in nuclear non-proliferation and disarmament issues.
The Center’s mission is to facilitate result-oriented dialogue among national governments, international organisations, and civil society on nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation and to conduct research, education and training programs on these issues.
The VCDNP invites applications for its Fall 2022 internship programme and strongly encourages applications from developing countries. The duration of the internship is up to six months.
Benefits of VCDNP
- Interns will receive a 1000 Euro net payment monthly to offset living expenses
- as well as relocation expenses such as airfare or similar transportation costs (e.g. train) where applicable
Duties & Responsibility
During her/his internship, the intern will:
- Develop and implement a research project on a nuclear non-proliferation or disarmament topic supervised by VCDNP researchers;
- Work alongside senior experts at the VCDNP on ongoing research projects;
- Contribute to programmatic activities at the VCDNP, including lectures, seminars, courses and conferences arranged by the VCDNP;
- Have the opportunity to interact with specialists from the IAEA, CTBTO and other international organisations in Vienna, as well as representatives from national governments and academia;
- Assist with administrative tasks and events;
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- open to advanced or recent graduated students from science and policy programmes
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate their interest in non-proliferation and disarmament policy issues.
- applications from developing countries and women.
- Strong writing skills and excellent command of the English language are required.
- Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
- Familiarity with virtual meeting software such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams and WebEx is desirable.
- Knowledge of online collaborative platforms graphic design and social media are pluses.
The deadline to apply for the internship is 31 July 2022.
The start date will be as agreed between the VCDNP and the successful candidate, ideally commencing on 15 September 2022.
Lastly, visit the official website link given below for more details.
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities !!