Pulse of Perseverance Presents Monthly Scholarship! It is available every month to a deserving student who demonstrates his/her desire to defy stereotypes and succeed
$1000 scholarship award each month to the successful applicant. All funds will be mailed to scholarship recipients in the form of a certified check sent through the U.S. Postal Service.
In order for the scholarship recipient to avoid potential tax penalties, you must spend it on education-related expenses (i.e. tuition, fees, school supplies, uniforms, etc)
Moreover, any entry that was not one of the previous winners will automatically be one of the submissions again in the upcoming month except for the previous scholarship winners’ entries.
- High school students (to assist families with education-related expenses such as school fees, school supplies, uniforms, college application fees)
- College students (to assist with education-related expenses such as books, fees, advanced degree applications)
- Students must read the book, “Pulse of Perseverance: Three Black Doctors on Their Journey to Success” and submit a 250-word essay focusing on how they are currently making a difference in their community and why they believe they have the #pulseofperseverance. The essay should incorporate specific themes from the book that most resonate with you.
- Students must provide proof of current enrollment (transcripts, letter of good standing, proof of registration, college acceptance letters, etc.)through the mail with your name in the subject line to: [email protected]
- All applicants must submit a short video on why they possess the #pulseofperseverance and what the scholarship will mean to them.
- Video clips must be no longer than 60 seconds.
- Also, the videos become the property of Pulse of Perseverance.
- Videos should be emailed with your name in the subject line to: [email protected]
- Applications are due on the first of every month.