Applications for the U.S. Embassy in Cameroon Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program 2022-23 are now open. The Embassy of the United States in Cameroon is seeking highly qualified Cameroonian secondary school teachers to participate in the 2022-23 Fulbright TEA, sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
Teachers who are selected to participate in the Fulbright TEA Program will:
- Take part in tailored graduate-level seminars at a U.S. host university.
- Observe classes, co-teach, and share their expertise with U.S. colleagues in U.S. secondary schools.
- Engage in an online professional learning community with other participants to share best practices and other elements of host and home country educational systems.
- Take part in other educational and cultural activities while in the United States.
Upon returning home, teachers will be expected to share the knowledge and experience gained on the program with teachers and students in their home schools and within their communities.
- Weekly Seminars: Teachers will participate in weekly seminars at their host university featuring presentations. And discussions led by university staff, faculty members, and invited educational experts. The Fulbright TEA Program provides academic seminars focusing on new teaching methodologies, student-centered learning, content-based instruction, lesson planning, and instructional technology training for teachers.
- U.S. School Placements: The program will also include a practicum of at least 40 hours with a U.S. partner teacher in a secondary school near the host university to actively engage participants in the U.S. classroom environment. Cultural enrichment, mentoring, and support will be provided to participants throughout the program.
- Online Professional Learning Community: Each Fulbright teacher will participate in a virtual community with other international educators to collaborate and share best practices about education and leadership in the participating countries.
Eligibility for Fulbright Teaching Excellence Program
- Current secondary-level, full-time teachers of English, English as a Foreign Language (EFL). Math, science, or social studies, including special education teachers in those subjects at institutions serving primarily a local population are eligible for the program.
- Applicants must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent and have completed at least five years of full-time teaching by the start of the program.
- Secondary-level teachers include both middle and high school teachers serving students between approximately 12 and 18 years of age.
- Applicants must reside in the country of citizenship at the time of application and of program participation.
Application of Fulbright Teaching Excellence Program
The application deadline is Thursday, March 31, 2022. No paper or email applications will be accepted.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.