Applications for the Warsaw Euro-Atlantic Summer Academy 2022 are now open. The College of Europe in Natolin, the German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF), and the Polish-American Freedom Foundation (PAFF) will organize the 10th edition of the Warsaw Euro-Atlantic Summer Academy (WEASA). This year’s theme is: Information war and the new geopolitical reality.
WEASA is a summer program addressed to experts – such as analysts, political advisors, think thank and NGO employees, civil servants, and journalists – coming from Eastern Partnership, Western Balkans countries, and Poland.
WEASA 2022 will look into several topics, including:
- Russia’s war against Ukraine and the new geopolitical reality;
- European integration and the war in Ukraine: What’s next for Eastern Partnership?;
- European integration and the war in Ukraine: What next for Western Balkans?;
- Media literacy and resilience towards disinformation;
- Open Source Intelligence and Investigations;
- Personal digital security;
- How social media companies are responding to the war?;
- Citizen journalism / what is it, and how it works?;
- Surveillance technologies as a threat to democracy?;
- The role of NATO in fighting disinformation.
Cost of Euro-Atlantic Summer Academy
- Costs for travel to and from home countries will be reimbursed up to 330 EUR.
- The accommodation and food for the whole duration of the summer academy will be fully covered.
Eligibility for Euro-Atlantic Summer Academy
WEASA 2022 is addressed to persons who are simultaneously citizens of and residents in one of the Eastern Partnership countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine), the Western Balkans (Serbia, Kosovo, Albania, North Macedonia, Montenegro, and Bosnia & Herzegovina), and Poland.
WEASA participants are typically people who meet the following criteria:
- Firstly, They are mid-career professionals, typically with at least five years of professional experience, ideally in a field related to the topic of WEASA;
- Secondly, They work as policy analysts, experts, advisers, civil servants, journalists, private sector specialists, and in NGOs;
- Lastly, They are interested in European integration, state transformation processes, transatlantic cooperation, cybersecurity, journalism, and digital media.
Application of Euro-Atlantic Summer Academy
The deadline for submitting applications is June 5, 2022 at 23:59 CET. The results will be announced shortly after the deadline.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.