Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets. Moreover, EA is seeking a talented and passionate Network Automation Engineer Intern who will be responsible for the development of a roadmap outlining the strategy and plan of approach to automate all interactions with network infrastructure and begin working on the concepts to prove it’s viable and achievable.
This non-incumbent, specialist role will join a global network engineering team who are responsible for architecture, design, and delivery of corporate network services for data center and branch offices in a mission-critical enterprise. The successful candidate will be crucial to designing and deploying effective automation solutions for these network services.
What will the Network Automation Intern do at EA?
Responsibilities of the role include requirements gathering, planning, assessing and mitigating risks, configuration, and deployment of global network automation platforms and systems. There will be full ownership of the network-specific automation product and service lifecycle. Furthermore, the interns will:
- Measure and map most common network configuration interactions to automation
- Design and deliver highly available, resilient, and secure network automation capability that is cutting-edge
- Must be able to document and share code, solution design, and usage with network engineering and operations
- Deliver full knowledge transfer of accomplishments before end of the internship, metric for success is measured by the usage of network engineering and operations staff to their benefit: productivity gained, reduced errors, etc. and a sustainable operating and support model for the automation platform.
What qualification do you need for Network Automation Internship?
- Demonstrated experience creating “software-defined” network infrastructure
- Broad knowledge and experience in scripting and programming with Python and shell script
- Skilled at working with multiple encoding formats such as JSON and XML
- Experience of interacting with network devices through Rest API’s and/or Pipeline (gRPC)
- Knowledge of YANG, NETCONF, and RESTCONF, working knowledge and demonstrated experience
- Knowledge of integrating existing network and infrastructure management platforms
- Advanced knowledge of Linux, GIT, and code-sharing
- Ability and desire to contribute creative ideas to solve technical and business problems
- Strong communication skills (written, oral, and listening); able to effectively share information
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic, and drive to perform and demonstrate results
Furthermore, EA desires the following qualification in its interns:
- Network related certification e.g. Cisco associate and professional level, passion for networking
- Knowledge of public cloud ecosystems e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, especially network virtualization therein
- Experience using automation and orchestration software e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Experience of managing data through query language and manipulating data flows
- Advanced knowledge in additional programming languages
How to apply for the Electronic Arts Internship?
To apply for a Network Automation Internships at EA, at first, you will need to find the position that you want to work at EA. Internship positions will require you to meet the minimum eligibility. Also, it will state the desired criteria to secure the internship. So, to become a Network Automation intern at EA, you must meet these requirements as these internships are highly competitive.
Here is a step by step guide on how to apply for an EA Internships:
- Step 1: Assess your need for an internship. Also, be sure that your university has a provision for the internship.
- Step 2: Go to the career site and check for the available internships positions at Electronic Arts, which in this case Network Automation Internship.
- Step 3: Check for the details, and see if you meet the EA requirements for internship for the desired position.
- Step 4: Apply directly from the site, once you are sure that you meet the internship requirements.
- Step 5: Fill out details and provide a recent CV and other relevant documentation while making an online application.
- Step 6: Double-Check your application and be sure that everything is in order. Submit your application and wait for the callback.