UNCDF makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 47 least developed countries. With its capital mandate and instruments, UNCDF offers “last mile” finance models that unlock public and private resources, especially at the domestic level, to reduce poverty and support local economic development. The global program, Inclusive and Equitable Local Development (IELD) is jointly implemented by the UNCDF, UN Women and UNDP. The program addresses structural impediments that prevent women from entering the labor market through local public and private investments, with a particular emphasis on unlocking domestic capital for women’s economic empowerment and entrepreneurship. In order to support the cause and involve the young generation in IELD program, UNCDF invites application for an internship in the USA.
What will the UNCDF IELD Intern do?
Under the direct supervision of the IELD Programme Manager, the intern will be responsible for providing analytical and research support for the global program. Specifically, the intern will assist with research, program’s mid-term Evaluation and development of technical tools, knowledge products and communication material for the global program.
Analysis and Programme support:
- Assist program team in consolidating program results and lessons for the upcoming mid-term Evaluation;
- Provide required logistical support for the Evaluation team in conducting field visits and gathering of information at HQ;
- Support country teams in putting together data and program documents;
- Prepare monitoring and reporting templates to capture program results;
- Consolidate input and data for the program’s semi-annual progress reports;
- Use gender responsive Local Economic Assessments (LEA) conducted in the program countries to extract and document case studies for the Evaluation;
- Work with country teams as needed to gather relevant information on IELD investment projects and document case studies.
Communication and Dissemination:
- Contribute to new research on WEE financing;
- Support partnership building with UN agencies and relevant organizations to undertake new research on WEE and local development financing;
- Provide support in organizing meetings and conferences on WEE financing and gathering the technical advisory group on WEE Index;
- Together with the communication team within UNCDF, produce regular communication material and social media content to share program results and lessons;
- Produce content for the IELD website through new case studies and updated material;
- Also, Analyze information/databases on potential donors and support the team in developing donor proposals.
What do you need for UNCDF IELD Internship in the USA?
Applicants to the UNDP IELD internship program must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program in Economics, Finance, International Relations, Social Sciences or related field with a focus on gender equality and women’s economic empowerment;
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Some experience working on gender equality as well as women’s economic empowerment and poverty reduction is an asset;
- Some experience working on local economic development financing
- Likewise, Hands-on experience in designing and monitoring development projects;
- Excellent writing skills in English;
- Experience in drafting reports, proposals, communication materials a must;
- Further, experience with UNDP procurement and recruitment policies is a plus;
- Some experience in the usage of computers and office software packages and handling of web-based management systems.
- Also, a second official UN language will be an asset.
How to apply for UNCDF IELD Internship?
Applicants may apply for the UNCDF IELD internship by submitting the internship application form available at the website. Furthermore, applicants must also provide their CV as well as any relevant documents/portfolio that can benefit their application. However, the applicants must merge all the documents in a single PDF before submitting. The candidates may submit the documentation vial UNDP job site system.
Eligible prospective interns may apply for the UNCDF internship before the deadline on Midnight of 24 June 2019 (NY Time).