The ECB is offering grants of €10,000 each to 15 female students who are enrolled or are about to enroll, in a master’s course. This year, the scholarship aims to promote the pursuit of postgraduate studies not only in the field of economics but also in statistics, engineering, and computing.
- A grant of €10,000
- Also, a study visit to the ECB
- Insight into the ECB’s central banking and banking supervision functions
- The opportunity to meet your fellow scholars as well as the ECB Women in Leadership network
- In addition, advice and mentoring from an ECB economist or expert in the field of banking supervision, statistics, engineering, or information technology
- You are a woman.
- You are a citizen of an EU Member State.
- Also, you are currently enrolled, or are about to enroll, in a master’s course in economics, statistics, engineering, or computing at a European university or business school (please see here a list of examples of relevant fields of study).
- You are facing a funding gap that may prevent you from pursuing your studies.
- In addition, you obtained excellent grades in your undergraduate studies (corresponding grades for a range of countries are outlined here).
You should complete the application form below and return it (in Excel) by email together with your CV and all supporting documents (in a single PDF file) to [email protected] by Wednesday, 25 May 2022 for the 2022-23 academic year.
As part of your application, you will need to:
- explain the motivation behind your studies and detail your career aspirations;
- outline your current funding situation.
- application form
- proof of (preliminary) acceptance onto a master’s course in one of the relevant fields of study for the coming academic year
- official transcripts of your undergraduate qualifications, your academic record as well as evidence of your highest level of completed studies
Timing and selection process
- Application Deadline: 25 May 2022.
- online interviews: June and July 2022
- inform the successful candidates: August 2022.