Applications are open for the European Commission Peace Ambassador Scholarship 2022. The One Young World Peace Ambassador Scholarship, delivered in partnership with the European Commission, aims to empower young people to build more cohesive and peaceful societies.
Scholarship recipients will participate in the One Young World Summit 2022, which will see 2,000 young leaders from 190+ countries descend on Manchester for the global forum for young leaders. During the Summit, delegates will present and debate solutions to our time’s most pressing issues alongside senior leaders. Scholarship recipients will join a community of over 200 Peace Ambassadors who have participated in the programme since 2017. The 2022 Peace Ambassador Programme will have a focus on the role of disinformation in fueling hate speech, conflict and violent extremism.
Benefits from Commission Peace Ambassador Scholarship
- Participants’ voices will be amplified enabling them to shape the policies that affect them most.
- Increased visibility of young leaders contributing to Peace and P/CVE in their communities.
- Participants will foster dialogue around the key theme of peacebuilding.
- Recipients will learn more about the European Union and its institutions and their role in promoting peace and fostering respect for fundamental rights and freedoms.
Commission Peace Ambassador Scholarship
Peace Ambassadors will receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit which takes place 5 – 8 September 2022 in Manchester, United Kingdom.
- Roundtrip travel to Manchester and back to the country of origin.
- Hotel accommodation for the duration of the Summit.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner during the One Young World Summit.
- Membership of the One Young World Ambassador Community
- Profiling in various media outlets.
Eligibility for Commission Peace Ambassador Scholarship
- Applicants must be aged 18 – 30 by September 5;
- Candidates need to be actively engaged in the fields of peace building, conflict resolution, tackling disinformation, or countering violent extremism;
- Available to join the programme full time between 4 and 8 September 2022;
- Nationals of countries considered to be ‘developing or emerging’ according to the International Monetary Fund’s World Economic Outlook and selected countries that are affected by conflict are eligible to apply.
Successful scholars will demonstrate:
- A commitment to creating positive impact through peace building, conflict resolution, tackling disinformation, or countering violent extremism in their communities.
- Proven leadership ability/seen as role models in their communities.
- A capacity for innovation and value-driven problem solving
- A concern for local and/or global issues.
- An ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas.
- An ability to work towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration.
- A willingness to stay engaged with fellow Peace Ambassadors, the wider One Young World Community, and the European Commission after the One Young World Summit.
Application of Commission Peace Ambassador Scholarship
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, early applications are strongly advised.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.