Next Steminist Scholarship Program aims to close the gender gap in tech and encourage young women to pursue their passion in STEM.
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $10,000 award. There will be up to three awards of $10,000 each.
Awards are not renewable; however, students may reapply to the program each year they meet the eligibility
- Identify as female
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Also, be age 25 or under as of the application deadline date
- Be a current high school senior or graduate or current college undergraduate enrolled or planning to enroll full-time in undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college/university for the entire upcoming academic year
- In addition, have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent
- Be pursuing or planning to pursue a degree in one of the eligible majors listed below*
- Applicants should also submit a 60-second unlisted YouTube video describing their dream career in STEM as part of their application.
- Moreover, Navisite employees and immediate family members are not eligible.
*Eligible Majors: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering Technology,
Computer Hardware Engineering, Computer Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Game and Interactive Media Design, Information Systems, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering
Selection of Finalists and Recipients
Scholarship America selects finalists on the basis of:
- academic performance
- demonstrated leadership
- participation in school and community activities
- work experience
- a statement of educational and career goals and objectives
- any unusual personal or family circumstances
- In addition, an online recommendation.
However, financial needs will not be considered.
After selecting finalists, a committee will select recipients. Finalist videos will be viewed by the Navisite scholarship committee.
Not all applicants to the program will be selected as finalists or recipients.
- A current, complete transcript of grades.
- Also, if you are providing SAT or ACT test scores, and those scores are not on your high school transcript, you will need to upload a copy of your test score report(s) separately.
- However, if you are uploading a college transcript, those scores are not necessary.
- In addition, a 60-second unlisted YouTube video describing your dream career in STEM.