Applications for the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine Media Development Fund 2023 are now open. The U.S. Embassy Kyiv/The EUR Bureau of the U.S. Department of State announces an open competition for Ukrainian media and media organizations: “Building Resilience and Media Recovery.”
The program aims to increase the resilience of the Ukrainian media environment and support its recovery after the Russian invasion. This competition also aims to provide Ukrainian and international audiences with quality content about events in Ukraine, help fight disinformation, support recovery initiatives in affected regions and communities, facilitate investigative journalism, and assist journalists and media workers affected by the war.
Ukraine Media Development Fund
- Grant Amounts: $20,000 – $50,000
Eligibility for Ukraine Media Development Fund
- Open to Ukrainian media and media organizations.
- The U.S. Embassy will review proposals from all regions of Ukraine. However, priority will be given to media outlets that remain or have moved from areas previously seized by Russian troops, operate near the front line, or in de-occupied territories.
Application of Ukraine Media Development Fund
- Required application forms:
- Media Development Fund offers an application form available here. You can use your own project proposal format, but it should take into account all the points below. The project proposal should contain enough information so that anyone who is not familiar with the topic can understand exactly what the applicant wants to do.
- Click description of the project. A summary of the proposed project, including project objectives and expected impact.
- Information about the organization. A description of past and current activities that demonstrates ability to complete the project, including information about all previous grants from the U.S. Embassy and/or other U.S. government agencies. This should include information about the overall audience of the organization in print, electronic resources and social networks.
- Description of the problem. A clear, concise and substantiated statement of the problem to be addressed and an explanation of why the proposed project is needed.
- Goals and objectives of the project.” Goals” explain what the applicant wants to achieve. “Tasks” refer to intermediate achievements on the way to goals. They must be achievable and measurable.
- Program activities. Describe the program activities and how they will help achieve your goals.
- Program methods and design. Describe how the project will work to solve the stated problem and achieve the goal. If possible, please provide a logical model.
- Calendar of events. Provide a schedule for project activities. Include dates, times, and locations of scheduled activities and events.
- Key personnel: Names, positions, role in the project and experience/qualifications of key personnel involved in the project. Specify how much of their working time will be used in this project.
- Partners. Specify the names and methods of involvement in the project of key partner organizations.
- Program monitoring and evaluation plan. This is an important component of all successful project applications. Specify how activities will be monitored throughout the project to ensure that all activities take place on time and how the program will be evaluated against project objectives.
- A plan for funding, or supporting the project at the end of the grant, or the availability of other resources, if any.
- Rationale for budgeting: After completing the SF-424A budget form, provide a separate description of each budget expenditure.
- CV of key personnel involved in the project (max. 1 page)
- Documents on registration of the organization
- Registration here
All documents must be sent by e-mail to [email protected].
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.